Sunday, October 3, 2010

Left or Right Brain?

I have always told myself that I was both left and right brain dominant, but what does that really mean?  In simple terms, being left brained is when you are good at logistics and being good at math and science.  Right brained is when you are creative and like art and so on.  I took 3 quizzes on the internet to figure out what I am since I was confused.  I read a lot of information about being either left or right brained, and I was STILL confused.

The first quiz I took said I was a right brain dominant student.  The explanation sounded just like me and I was almost convinced that was truly a right brained person.  It said that I get bored during long lectures (which is true), I like to day dream and imagine things (also true) and a lot of other stuff that was just like me.  I wanted to make sure that I was right brain dominant so I took another quiz.  The results?  Completely left brain dominant.  This didn't really help my confusion.  It said that I answered 0 questions as a right brained person and I answered all 18 questions as a left brained person.  So I took yet another quiz.  The results?  Well, there were 32 questions and 16 of the questions I answered were right brained and the other 16 were left brained.  I am now convinced I am both a right and left brained person.  I am good at math and I'm creative, so why can't I be both?

No comments:

Post a Comment